Re: Least Costly Live Looping Solution

Jeff Larson wrote:
"Well, as we've discussed here before, there's a good chance they
already have a laptop, especially if they're in their twenties and went
through college, so I wouldn't completely discount this as an option."

I hear you, Jeff,  but to be honest,  I know a lot of creative young
musicians in their twenties who live in Santa Cruz
and I would say that fully 2/3 of them haven't gone to college and don't
have the financial resources
to buy a laptop.  It may be different in different locals because Santa
Cruz is pretty anomolous, soicologically
speaking and the wages here are lower (by comparison to rents) than
most places in the country.

The good news is that we are beginning to see laptops on sale for as
little as $400 (USD)
With your aforementioned footpedals and breakout box this brings the tab
up to about
$700 (USD)RE

There still , of course, is no live looping hardware solution that
approaches what Mobius can do
in the price range so it's a great investment to make if you have the
money.

I just wanted to make a post for the musicians who have very, very
little money.
There are a lot of them out in America at least, especially these days.

ps   All incredible respect to you and what you've done for the looping
community
so this is not intended as an 'us and them'  kind of post.  I fully
respect your solution for live looping.