EDP insert function

(apologies to all non-EDP users for this very geeky message)

Just wondering if the EDP has a function to instantly erase a little
snippet of audio from a loop (and delete the gap), in a similar way in
which INSERT=SUS is used to plug IN snippets while the button is held dwon.

I don't mean INSERT=SUBS or REPLACE, which erase but leave the 'hole'.

I know there is a way to work around this (although it's the opposite way
of doing what I'm asking), by having INSERT=SUS and holding down MULTIPLY
to select the wanted audio.  I suppose that I'm asking if I can directly
delete unwanted audio.

Andy ?  Anyone ?

Thanks, Stephen

www.myspace.com/sylvianfisher