Re: looper vs storyteller. if there even is

Anders Bergdahl schrieb:
> But WHY do we feel that some music tells a STORY, there are no narrative
> elements, we clearly mean something else than a story in a book, don't
>we?
> SORRY I do like to read philosophy, Wittgenstein and that type of stuff.
> I feel that we use story in a very loose an undefined we, are we playing
> the same game?

I think we do play in the same game. A story made with words is
basically creating a timeline of pictures by describing what happened in
words (the meaning doesn't create a story, it helps to understand, at
its best).
A musical story can create a timeline of feelings, which I would call a
story as well. It could also create pictures by association which tells
a story. This story might be very different between listeners, and might
also be different for the musician.
It seems a story made out of words is fixed and everybody perceives the
same story, but that is a complete illusion if you think about it...
Simply listen to the classics of musical story telling like Smetanas
Vltava... I think its pretty evidently story telling...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--