RE: please be courteous to the list

> Stefan Tiedje wrote:
> It would loose me, because a forum is 1000 times less
> efficient than a
> list. I still look for evidence that there is any advantage
> of a forum
> over a list and didn't find any. (Unless I lurk once a year, which
> wouldn't qualify for being an active member of a community...)

I'm referring to a modern good looking forum with  searchable archives,
threaded discussion, rich formatting with syntax highlighting,
customazations (avatars, links, footers), market place, looper hard-and
software wiki, polls, access control, email notifications, rss, private
messaging, subscribe to certain threads etc Both have their pro's and cons.
It also depends on the email client and the software the forum is build
with.

So I'm not saying a mailinglist is bad. Mailing lists work fine for small
communities, but forums work better for big communities and I think
Loopers-Delight is big enough for a forum. Loopers-Delight could benefit
from that, develop itself and grow; that's what I would like to see
happening with this community.
---
Sjaak
http://sjaakovergaauw.com/