re: introducing myself

Rico wrote:
"Finally i signed up for the mailing list.. after 3 years..tssss.  and i
am surprised how much it's been growing!
I was surprised finding a lot of post's about me (actually some where
kinda rude!!!)
i want to apologize for my demo which i gave at the summer NAMM
2006..where i seemed a little too confident and mentioned that
the RC 50 is the most powerful looper in the world!  Actually it was a
mistake by me cause i knew there where other
Loop machines  out there with much more diverse functions..  :) well,
thanks for your understanding!
by the way.. my perfomance in this video sucked :)
I am happy to join you now and i will get more into it as i have more
time now to share and dwell on our creativity!"

Welcome, Rico.      It's obvious how much you love to loop and it's
obvious that you are good at it.
We are the stronger to have you in our community and I want to welcome
you with open arms.

I remember when seeing your demo a few years back that I was impressed
with your knowledge.

I, confess, I was also one who thought your claims about the RC50 might
border on arrogance...........but it also
occurred to me that it might also be based on ignorance of other looping
solutions.   I realized I just didn't know
so I've always given you the benefit of the doubt.

I just wanted to go on record and say that I really respect your apology
for that miscommunication a few years back.  It says a lot about you as
a human
being that you have self awareness and I respect that immensely.

So,  welcome, welcome, welcome,    We are stronger for your presence and
I hope you can come play the Y2K9 festival this year
where all those who can, gather to celebrate this community and to share
our knowledge and creativity.

Yours,   Rick Walker