Re: do any slave sync?

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com> wrote:
My strategy in both hardware and software based loopage is to run the
looper as the master to let the loops spin freely and then slave sync
effect devices as delays, tremolos and alike.

Yes, you MUST do this... Obviously the looper is the "thing" producing the noise most of the time, therfore It should be its own Boss.. I always sync to my edp (currently solving issues about solving 2 of them.. but...) other things work OK, Repeater as mentioned by Rainer synchs well to other things, Ive never tried it as a master, due to the bad rumours... I have my Vortex synched to the EDP also using hard-wired internal modification using the old "mattias method". I have a MOFX, that REALLY plays up under bad synch... and is very unstable at synching, but in a good way... and I have 2 DJ effects, The Redsound Federation is a bit late IMHO, and sometimes I like to take that OFF midi synch (thankfully just a switch) and hit some random TAP ... that way the "cutter" chops the loops in weird ways... plus it synchs pretty well to incoming audio, as does Repeater.. with "Beat Synch"... I think thsi is GREAT.. because sometimes you want HALF AS SLOW as midi clock is doing... Which brings me to the wonderful Roland EF303.. Not only has it got LOTS of great mangling effects, but its got an analog sequencer to alter effect parameters.. BUT.. (and Ive NEVER SEEN THIS IN ANOTHER DEVICE!!! Ooops capslock) It has a setting for changing how fast it runs to midi clock... 4, 8 16, 32 or dotted versions... Its a bit of a ley-combination to get to that menu, but thankfully it corrects after you leave the menu, so doesnt go out of synch just cos you made a change...

Im so botherd by "Synch issues" that my website is named after it!!!

Mark

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094