Re: OT Variable Power Supplies for Stomp Box Pedals

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 12:16 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> I have an (unused now) PSU for stomp boxes. called the flatliner. It
> actually has 3 or 4 outputs with a variable voltage, so you can feed
>pedals
> LESS than recommended. I didn't know this, but apparently some pedals
> (specifically distortion) do nice things whe fed less that OK power. I
>have
> tried it, and frankly I dont want it any more, som one wants it they can
> buy... heavy as **** tho...

Wow - that seems just like the treat for Rick's studio. Maybe not for
the road tho...

Wondering if stomp boxes will react as lab rats on being fed almost
less than they need? The rats grow healthy and live longer under those
minimal supplies. Then I should start running my Behringer pedals on
worn-out batteries to make them  last longer than the usual three
years ;-))

pboy