RE: Mobius, Stylus RMX, other choices. WAS: Early bird loopers withLive?

waddup perdy-

> But maybe the most important factor for software looper stability is
> to run the looper as the tempo sync master. This keeps the looper free
> from the hard labor of adapting to a host tempo while performing all
> your precious loop mangling commands. Can we have some input on the
> more computer programming savvy folks on this, please?

FYI - i have always slaved mobius to a drum machine (for click track only)-
ive had the same lovely experience that you have with extereme mobius stability-
i only use the standalone version as currently i need nothing else-
i run a 2.2 dual core MBP w/3 gig in bootcamp XP.... about to build a compact CPU and go touch screen -- =D

fro

> Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:12:17 +0200
> Subject: Re: Mobius, Stylus RMX, other choices. WAS: Early bird loopers withLive?
> From: perboysen@gmail.com
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>
> Mobius is stable in Intel Macs. Just check your settings. Goof around
> with them and try out what makes the looper stable. In experience
> Mobius is one of the most stable audio applications I've ever come
> around, both on Windows and OS X. It almost never crashes on me.
>
> Some data for comparison:
>
> My 2,2 gHz Macbook has 4 GB ram.
> In Mobius I use these Global Settings:
>
> Noise Floor: 200
> Fade Frames: 64
> Long Press Millseconds: 500
> Drift Resync Frames 4096
> Shift Range: 48
>
> I have not selected any of:
> Save Projects Layers
> Monitur Audio Input (using it on a bus, send/return loop)
> MIDI Record Pulsed
> 16 Bit Wave Files
>
> But maybe the most important factor for software looper stability is
> to run the looper as the tempo sync master. This keeps the looper free
> from the hard labor of adapting to a host tempo while performing all
> your precious loop mangling commands. Can we have some input on the
> more computer programming savvy folks on this, please?
>
> Greetings from Sweden
>
> Per Boysen
> www.boysen.se
> www.perboysen.com
>

> 2009/4/7 Jan Ozarowski <jan.ozarowski@broadpark.no>:
> > Weird, it crashec Live 7 and it continues to crash Live 8. As a matter of a
> > fact standalone crashes sometimes too. Might be a Leopard/intel mac issue. I
> > will check syncing. Mobius is a great programm, I would definately pay for
> > the stable retail version. Anyone else running M. succesfylly on intel mac?
> > Intresting with Mainstage, I have tried it several times ending up with Live
> > eventually :)
> > Jan

Rediscover HotmailR: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.