Re: Kill switch for el guitar - design ideas?

There are alot of ways to do this better... and a few extra options...
One thing I have seen the guitarist fomr Melt Banana do is have a kill
switch, where instead of switching to silence, he switched to a
minidisc... on which he had all kinds of noise. Wanna regular
killswitch? turn off the minidisk /iPod or whatever... whatabout a
killswitch loop, so you run the "off" position thru a cheap old pitch
shift pedal or octave pedal...

Thats options.. but the other issue is the curcuit.. first the best
method would have to be a touch pad. Now if you used a simple IC as
the audio switch, you would eliminate the likelyhood of a click as you
switch, plus the actual switching method could just be you grounding
the circuit... i think... Im sure I could figure out a possible
circuit, Plus it could be switchable as far as touch on cut or touch
off cut. Most guitarists seem to have gotten used to this push off for
cut, but as Per says, that seems weird. The classic old Les Paul
(pickup volume down) method, worked fine, cos its was a toggle switch,
but a button... well Id have to try it...

Mark

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094