RE: OT Re: Phiew.... guitar intonation - hard work!

Earvana, compensated nuts, Buzz Feiten is all variations of imperfection. I have looked in to just intonation and realised that you really cant be in tone in more than one key on most instruments. the closest you can get is the True temperament TT (http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php). I prefer to TRY to learn to get there like Steve Kimock, by bending stings by pulling or pushing the strings to get the pitch you are after to to use string bends to get the "correct" pitch. I tried a Swedish made acoustic ( http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php?go=2&sgo=8 )with a TT and i found it to sound sterile.
I don't really like Buzz Fieten either, most high en guitars have some degree of compensation. But as I say the final fine tuning has to be made while playing. (BTW in open G i slightly lower the b string to get a true third, but the i need to compensate even more to play other chords)
I think many of us are so used to the non perfection of ordinary guitars so that we think it SHOULD sound that way... it's rock n roll