Re: That ustream again - and other stuff

Rainer and all - 'new YT' yes, I thought it ustream or others is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  As mentioned yesterday I'm doing my 2nd show this weekend and I have found the technology very friendly.  I'm running on a Macbookpro using Safari 4.0 the beta one.  Using the built in iSight cam which kicked in flawlessly after accepting the flash security prompt.

I did make the mistake last time of monitoring off my USB controller's output and got the delay which I just lived with.  I use a Tascam 224 USB.  It was a larger amount of delay than NinJam which surprised me.  Prior to the controller I feed my looper and instruments into a Behringer mixer which I should monitor through and will this weekend.

I'm eager to figure out the managing of two inputs meaning muli NJ feeds to the one account so Daryl and I can do a live Chinapainting show as well as other possible collaborations.  I'd also like to figure out how to feed to video feeds to it so I could do an alt camera angle.  Silly quest but can I mount a second web cam by just using another USB port?

It's early in the game for me with this so I don't have that much to share beyond my setup and interest.  I think Matt [Stevens] is the old-timer here and may can shed other light.

I will mention and I think he wrote the list or may have jsut been me but Chris (CPR) suggested the idea of having an LD channel on one of these services and having like a whole day of LD with a diff act every hour akin to a virt fest which I think is a marvelous idea.

Anyhow it's cool...

Jim