OT: was back pain, now mouse-hand pain

dear fellow loopers, please be very careful with the computer mouse.
after mixing a recording using almost only the mouse i had terrible pain
in the hand and inflammation around the elbow. my right hand got slow
and kind of numb. i changed to the left hand for a year. took some
serious conditioning to stop reaching for the mouse with the right hand...
today i am able to switch hands whenever fatigue and stress build up.
letting go of the mouse when not in use and simply moving and massaging
the fingers regularly has helped me, too.

one of the main problems is that the mouse-clicking finger joints do
experience stress from the operation. unfortunately the movement is too
small to trigger blood circulation and other recreative measures usually
maintained by the body.
this was discovered when a condition surfaced called the "sms-thumb" - a
terrible stinging pain in the thumb from using cellulars for messaging.

best - tilmann