Re: Exploring new Loooperlative features

At 3:13 AM -0700 5/12/09, looppool@cruzio.com wrote:
>On my last CD of abstract electronica (which came out at a very tough time
>  for me emotionally, so I never put an ounce of energy into promoting
>it),
>  'Purple Hand',

Coincidentally, I think that's my favorite of your CD's.  A hidden
gem that deserves more notice than it got.  :)

>By the time I finished, the original sound was unreconginzeable
>as a guitar sound
>and yet it had the same fundamental pitch information.

I think I remember that sound as well, or something like it (there
are many, many interesting moments on that disc).  Unfortunately,
'Purple Hand' is back in storage with all my other physical CD's, so
I can't check.  :(

>I love this:     processing pitch over and over so that it adds weird
>artifacts.
>
>I use two BOSS pitch shifters now.........pitching a sound up two octaves
>and then pitching that sound down two octaves so that it is the same pitch
>and duration as the original sound with
>tons of artifacts added on.

That's brilliant!  Which BOSS shifters are you using?  There's a
Behringer clone that's supposed to be a pretty good replica of the
PS-5.  If it's as cheap as some of their other knock-off pedals, it
might be worth going out and buying two of them just to try this out.

Thanks for the ideas, Rick!!!

        --m.

--
_____