Re: EDP and Logic Glitches

Hi Per,

I just double checked and i'm definitely using external midi tracks. I gave some thought to serial protocol element when i was initially programming, and tried to make sure i never sent simultaneous signals just to be on the safe side. It seems so odd because there is no latency issue, just these intermittent dropouts.....

It just seems like once in a while, logic decides not to bother sending the signals. Could that be CPU related do you think? I am running quite a lot off just a macbook pro.

Thanks for the advice.
Daniel

2009/5/15 Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 2:45 AM, Daniel Hegarty
<danielphegarty@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I think perhaps it is at points when the sequencer is playing demanding soft
> synths in live mode, but it's hard to be sure.

You shouldn't use an Instrument Track in Logic  for this. Better using
an External MIDI Track. When I did this once, I ran the EDP in
quantize mode and "pre-delayed" all my MIDI streams going out of
Logic, through the physical MIDI port and cable into the EDP. That fix
makes sure every little bit of MIDI gets to the EDP in time - you
know, MIDI is a serial protocol.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se