Re: Question about OSX audio routing

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Sjaak <tcplugin@scarlet.be> wrote:
> Thanks Per :) One more question, does the same count for running Bidule
>as AU plugin inside Mainstage? I gues the answer is yes, so re-routing
>the Bidule output to output 5/6 and import these into mainstage again as
>external audio instrument would do the trick. The reason I'm asking is
>that I want to integrate some Bidules I've build (both midi and audio)
>into Mainstage which do some random stuff in the background.

Yes, you are right. But there is another aspect to this and that is
how Mainstage deals with the fact that audio is sent directly from a
Bidule AU plug-in to the physical port that Mainstage already has a
fixed relationship to (buffer settings etc). I've had weird crashes
when using Bidule AU in Mainstage but as far as I remember it worked
fine when not targeting MIDI or Audio Devices directly from the Bidule
AU plug-in. You know, whenever you open a Bidule AU (or VST) plug-in
the interface inside that plug-in does give you an input port - and
this input port is the stream that comes through the host application.
Safest to use that one - but best is to try everything and learn what
works and what doesn't.

Per