multi-band compression (was: thinking about moving from rack to laptop...advice please!)

Per said:
> (and after the looper a low cut filter, an autofilter, a multi band
>compressor and a limiter)

Out of curiosity, Per: why are you using a multiband compressor?

The reason I'm asking is that I found the use of these processors only
expedient in a few use cases:

1. Restoring low-quality 2bus recordings (e.g. microphone in the
rehearsal space)
2. Making material with extremely high RMS values a little less unbearable
3. One building block in getting a very distinctive sound (aka
"Finalizer Sound")

I would not exactly see your art falling into any of these categories,
so I'm asking...is there another use case?

            Rainer