octave shifter and panning on the cheap

Michael,
> if you stay below 12 o'clock you avoid the chipmonk sound, if you so

actually, there is a fine trick (I was pointed to by my Eventide
thingie) to get the chipmunk sound even if you stay below 12 o'clock.
Put two pitch shifters in sequence, one set to +24, the other set to
-24. Same pitch, but all the chipmunkiness in the world...

However, the ad banner in your message really is the corker, regarding
recent discussions about laptops:
"Shop Dell's full line of Laptops now starting at $349! "

Thanks for making me laugh,

              Rainer