Re: alphanumeric keyboard

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Michael Peters<mp@mpeters.de> wrote:
> When I don't have an instrument with me, just the PC notebook, it would
> sometimes be cool if I could use the keys of my notebook as a midi
> controller, in my case, inside of Bidule. Does anyone know if this is
> possible with some tools?

Hi Michael,

Maybe you can build it in Bidule with some of the Bidule's in the manual quote below?

Per

HID Data Extractor

Use any standard USB HID (Human Interface Device) like keyboard, mouse and joystick as a MIDI and parameter source. Buttons will be transformed into MIDI notes and bool (on/off) parameters while axis-based controls (like the mousewheel or the digital joystick pad) will be transformed into MIDI CC and parameters with a range

HID Device: the device the Data Extractor takes/outputs information from
Axis1->Pitchbend: force the first axis control to be transformed into MIDI pitchbend
Fixed MIDI Mapping: information read-only display of the currently selected device available controls and their mapping

Key Stroke

Little bidule that you can use to create your own keyboard to MIDI or that you can use to trigger other events. The window needs to have the focus for the bidule to work correctly. DEPRECATED: please use the HID Data Extractor

Key Number Output: the (un)pressed key ASCII number
Key Down Trigger Output: sends a 1 when a key is pressed
Key Up Trigger Output: sends a 1 when a key if unpressed