Re: MY NEW TOY

The Axe-FX is a computer.  No difference really except it's got built
in converters.  I was even under the impression that Fractal was busy
porting their software to run on Windows.

Your experience with laptops is probably a bit dated as I'm able to
get quite a lot of effects (including Amplitube) running inside of
Live with nary a hitch at pretty low latencies in a 4 year old laptop.
 I do even better with my desktop. The trick is adjusting a few things
in Windows that are designed to help a general computer user, but
hinder real time audio production.  Once you fix that it's great.

Sorry, I've seen about a hundred threads where guys claim to be able
to hear the superior sound quality of dedicated hardware and then
proceed to not be able to tell the difference in blind tests.  It's
all just stuff that should be a means to an end so what ever works for
you.  I know for myself, I played with NI's Guitar Rig 3 and thought,
"Oh, I guess computers can't do amp simulation well" and I dismissed
it as an option. It wasn't until I tried Amplitube SVX out on my bass
that I was compelled to give it another look see.  I'd be super
curious to put the Axe-FX against the IK stuff and see what's what.