Re: MY NEW TOY

Mark Sottilaro wrote:
> Would it make that much of a difference when most guitar speaker cabs
> roll off significantly after 7 or 8 khz or so?  Most of my tones end
> up being pretty band limited anyway to fit better in the overall mix.

Yep, it would ( or rather it *could*)
The digital artefacts produced by distortion algorithms (aliasing)
can appear throughout the frequency range, kind of like ring modulation.
At 44.1kHz it's necessary for software to oversample at least 8x
before running a distortion algorithm.
...and oversampling itself is a compromise between
quality and latency.

*However*, while I was somehow convinced the the Axe-fx had this
ultra high sample rate, a check on the website reveals it to
be 48kHz,
....which won't make much difference.

duh

andy