RE: MY NEW TOY

The Asher Jr is $759.00 list http://www.asherguitars.com/lap_steel_electro_h_jr.php,  but its more like a standard 25 foot scale length J. I bought one from Bill Asher , and sold it to a friend ( already have one of these, http://www.asherguitars.com/lap_steel_electro_hawaiian.php  though mine has nickel covered lollar pickups ) .

The Electro Hawaiian  Jr, is  IMHO the best lap steel on the market under $1000 but its certainly not petite.  I’ve been trying to convince Asher to design a new model that is more of a travel size instrument like a Supro or my Fender champion with a 22 Inch scale length. I’ll keep working on him.

 Bill

From: E Gross [mailto:slapbandjam@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 7:18 AM
To: billwalker@baymoon.com
Subject: Re: MY NEW TOY

Wow, a 22 foot scale lap steel -- post a video!

;)

Actually, all kidding aside, I would like to buy/make another lap steel, I have an old Supro but would like to get something with humbuckers. At an affordable price, which rules out the Bill Asher model that Ben Harper uses....any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric