Oberheim Echoplex Footswitch Momentary Switch Replacement Parts?

    Hi all, I'm new to the list, so forgive me if this has been covered
ad nauseam...

    I just picked up a used Oberheim Echoplex unit (old White-face
version with maxed memory and Loop IV Installed). I've finally got the
unit working after resetting all the socketed IC's (it flickered and
fluttered and powered up only intermittently at first). The Footswitch
however has got faulty switches that need to be replaced (tried cleaning
to no avail).

    My Questions are as follows:

    1) Has anyone got a source for the switches?

    2) I'm wondering if anyone has tried to install something more heavy
duty than those low-profile momentary switches that come stock on the
unit? I was considering a big metal plunger style switch (something more
like what you find on just about every other effects pedal in
existence). I know such a switch in the "momentary" configuration must
be available somewhere... Anyone else done a successful switch overhaul
on one of these babies?

    Any advice is much appreciated.

    Thanks!

    TREVOR.