Re: PrePrepared vs. Improvisational Live Looping Performances

As someone who did prepared to a large degree for years in the last 3 I've completely gone the other way of nothing more than shooting from the hip which has been totally freeing, inspiring and confidence building.  I've come full circle really in the last 25 plus years of development, going through periods of low confidence, performance anxiety and in the last 15, accomplishment.  Much of that initial period came out of having someone just inspire me to the point that the response was I had to do this.  I kind of went through that praise period in the mid 90's until I think I began to inch towards the 'free' period but it wasn't until Daryl and I met and began developing Chinapainting that I really came to understanding 'free' playing and not to go on but it really has been an awakening, both in my work with him as well as my own solo work.  There's been something and please I don't mean to be showing ego here and fear I may be but in short hitting the stage or virtual stage and and letting come what may has just been the best.  Sure  there are times of a bit of anxiety but what it has taught me is to go with trust that the muse will lead.