Re: OT: for our planned festival - distribution channels regarding "call for performers", legal advice regarding ancillary copyright

re #1 something I suggested to you personally re your own cast series in that you are featuring wind instruments now in your work i'd post on forums in instrument specific communities in your case brass and wind forums.  you may get a fair amount of nazi critique meaning purist anal classical folks who don't have a clue re the experimental but chances are there will be some interest so re #1 I'd say hit some instrument specific areas on the web.  Like I might post promo on Mikesoud.com forum or one of many of the acoustic guitar communities although those really get naziesque at times.

For those of us who have done the RPM records there is an active community  that occupies that world between Februarys so there also.

re #2 I'd think the ref'ed CC license - not be irresponsible but given the experimental quality I wonder if we need to worry about this but then err on caution is better I guess.