Re: ambivalent feelings about playing live (was: PrePrepared vs. Improvisational)

I picked up an interesting book related to all this.  It's called The
Inner Game of Music.  I'm not too far into it, but it's got some
interesting ideas about dealing with performing and practice and how
there are 2 "Selfs" in people's personalities that deal with how we
relate to music.  One self (Self 1)is the creative free spirit, and
the other is the distracted critical one that keeps us from our
potential.

Anybody else read it?

--
-==-=-=-