Re: OT: Macbook Pro weird internal speaker fix

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:00 AM, Mark Sottilaro <zerocrossing@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know if I'd call Macs any more delicate than your average off
the self "let's build it with what ever components are the cheapest
this week" PC.  I had Macs at a job for 8 years and it was a running
joke with the IT guys that I had gone the longest in the company
without needing them for anything.  Everyone else was on a Dell.

that was my experience with my previous PowerBook G4 Titanium or whatever it was, but not my MacBook. It will be going in shortly for it's 2nd motherboard replacement, due to a failing usb port (first was a failing fw port). I'm tough on my ports, I admit, but all laptops seem to have a design flaw there - if any of the ports go, it takes a new mb to repair.

applecare is the saving grace, tho. I think that all laptops need insurance, primarily because of this port thing, but in my experience, the applecare service goes so far beyond anything you'll find from a windows vendor's outsource network that it's a whole different class of service. plus you can call them with any mac question whatsoever and they'll usually answer it, and be nice to you in the process.

--
Warren
http://www.ubetoo.com/Artist.taf?_ArtistId=6679