couch-surfage in general

Couchsurfing.com was recommended by friends of mine too - I just
joined - thanks for getting that ball rolling! Unfortunately my own
apartment is too small to host anyone.

I was a little worried about the question that said, "Will your
sleeping surface be shared with other humans?" I guess it's a cultural
thing, since it's not just USA.

Matt