RE: Echoplex EDP Woes - fluttering, flickering and intermittentpower up!

as one of the people on this list who seems to have the most technical problems with my echoplexes (see ongoing grounding hum issue) i think i might be able to help.

i had this behaviour once when a stick of ram went bad , i diagnosed it by first deracking and opening my edp..then with the mains off taking all the ram modules and the loop v4 (or v3 whatever) chips out....be gentle and wiggle them from both sides... once they are out remount them with a careful lining up of the legs and a firm push into the sockets...

the next step is so add in just ONE stick of ram...turn it on, see if it works..if it does..good you have diagnosed the issue...if not try the next, work through until all ram sticks have been eliminated

then go by some more ram

hope that helps

Phill MyOneManBand

> Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:04:08 -0400
> From: vaneyck@sympatico.ca
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
> Subject: Echoplex EDP Woes - fluttering, flickering and intermittent power up!
>

> Hi again,
>
> Thanks to the list members for all the help so far! I hate to
> interrupt the much more interesting conversations for this dull
> technical bit, but here it goes anyway...
>
> I have yet another issue with my new (used) Echoplex EDP:
>
> The unit has been powering up intermittently, and now it won't power
> up at all. The front panel lights flutter and flash intermittently and
> then the unit goes black. It did this when I first got it, and then I
> pressed all the socketed IC's down into the board, and this seemed to
> fix the problem for a short time, and now it's back with a vengeance.
>
> Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a fix?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> TREVOR.

Windows Live Messenger: Celebrate 10 amazing years with free winks and emoticons. Get Them Now