Re: New USB powered MIDI foot controller for Mac

Per Boysen wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Massimo Liverani<liverani@het.it> wrote:
>
>>What do you mean Per that you still need another audio interface for the
>>main PA? it seems to have outputs:
>>
>>"Output: Headphones, monitors or instrument amplifier"
>

> A headphones level output wouldn't sound very good in a PA. And Apogee
> doesn't either specify if that headphones output only mirrors the dry
> guitar input or if it actually D/A converts audio from the software to
> put out.
>
> Keep in mind that this is a gadget targeted at the consuming masses!
> You have to research any aspect of its functionality to work out how
> useful it really is for you. The fact that not all relevant
> information is displayed in the online product presentation confirms
> this. I'm just saying that it looks interesting on first sight ;-)

I can't really see this as a stage tool, but from a quick look, it looks
interesting as a reconding tool, and as such differs for ordinary floor
controllers, as the build-in functions seems more designed and useful
for controlling the recording process and software setups.

I do find the price tag a Bit hefty, though..

For hands-free recording alone, I've been thinking of modding a mouse
into a stomp (with durable buttons) to be able to activate Record and if
programmatically possible, things like a Skip-to-next-session feature.

--
rgds,
van Sinn