Re: toys for non-musicians (was: online real time looping sequencer game)

All depends on your point of view.  I think that music totally created
with something like the Tenori-on can be sterile sounding, but when
juxtaposed against acoustic and electro-acoustic instruments I think
you can get a really interesting effect that sheds some light on the
human/machine interaction and "highlight" the imperfect nature of a
human playing a traditional instrument in a way that's different than
when alone.  Kind of similar to a rapper singing over an 808.

One of the things I love to use it for is it's "random" tracks which
let you put points on the grid and then the sequencer collects the
"dots" with a tone each time the dot is reached.  Not very random on
it's own, but then you can "spin" the dot matrix which is constantly
changing the relationship between the dots. Not really random or
chaotic, but it can add a nice effect to a stiff rhythm.

But what do I know?  There are 4 robots currently within 5 ft of me.