Re: OT: artist website functionality/designer reccomendations

also, Blogger.
i use it for part of my site

On Jul 29, 2009, at 11:09 AM, tyler newman wrote:

hi-

Can anyone reccomend a designer who has done this, or point me to some downloadable php or asp widgets, or maybe a hosting service that offers this as part of their framework?

i found wordpress a little too wonky for my taste, but i am kind of a tard when it comes to assembling websites.

but, i have had a great deal of success with SquareSpace [http://www.squarespace.com], who are (from my research) the best of all the "roll your own webpage via template" sites out there. other options you could try are:

- yola.com
- weebly.com

i'm sure there's others, but really i can't say enough good things about squarespace. their support is really awesome. my only negative comment would be that i've been having issues embedding flash music players (which again, speaks more to my inability to deal with webcode than their site).

my .02

- tyler / informatik