Re: anti-looper bigots

Hi Kyle,
i while ago i started a thread called "Loopers hard questions" because of
this same reason,there are closed minded purists out there who will go out
of their way even before you play to put you down (and yes im talking
about musicians)
A while ago i had a looping gig and i invited a musician friend of mine
who does not loop and is quite a purist in the songwritting sense.The next
day he wrote me to tell me his thoughts of how crap this whole looping
thing he thinks it is,hiding talent behind gear,antisocial musician
etc.etc.etc.
then again this same guy admires me as a musican though and even hires me
to play for him and he loves Andrew Birds music;-)
I think for the most part a lot of them base their opinions on their
personal musical preference and conservative views of how music should be
performed,either people like it or not wether you are looping or not.In
general though my experience has been postive with this,some people are
curious about it,some people dont get it,some people think you are using
playbacks,others dont care what you are using and some people just sit
there and criticise it.Is almost as biased as somebody saying playing with
a band is better than alone;-)
A guy who saw once play liked it so much that he went and recomended me to
a  pub owner in a town about 100km away from here,,so he came and saw me
personally at the following gig,i was doing my own songs and some covers
but with abstract looping at times.I went to his pub once and he has a lot
of blues duos who entertain the audience by telling stories in german
dialects.He never called me so i obviously did not fit his bill,thank god!
Luis

www.myspace.com/luisangulocom