RE: livelooping in antwerp

thanks Raul and Bill and everyone for the nice comments, it really means a
lot to me to get feedback like that, I'm usually not very confident about
what I do on stage, especially because I consciously leave so much room for
not-planning/not-knowing so that spontaneous things can happen, not all of
them very successfully.

> Tasty chord voicing's and two hand tapping. You released your inner
shredder...

oh, that has been released for a long time :-)  btw it's not two hand
tapping as such - I can't really do that very well (should take some
lessons
from Markus Reuter). I right-hand-tap with the pick just like Frank Zappa
did - stole that technique from him a long time ago. With the pick, the
tapping of the right hand gets very exact and powerful but it's not the
same
thing as using the naked fingers to tap - it is like someone who types on a
typewriter with two fingers very fast, instead of using all fingers :-)

> What's the interface for your midi pickup?

Axon AX-66

> it looks the nanokontrol is doing realtime mixing easy, at a glance. i
should get one $-).

yes, get one - it is the best hardware I've bought for a while and if
you're
on a notebook with a complex setup (like my Bidule setup) it is the best
way
to control it. And it is small and cheap!

> wonder what kind (if any) of comp/limit you use for the master chain.

I use an old version of Guitar Rig for the clean and distorted sounds, and
the clean sound has a compressor.

> is there any "loopwindowing" around minute 9, where those granny
> arpeggios are modified later... ? is it possible michael, to do the
> *old* edp trick with the plugin too?

I'm not sure what I did but yes, I think the LoopV software can do what the
EDP could do, and more (such as continuous speed control). Don't know if
Matthias and Andy are still putting lots of effort into the development of
this, now that Matthias is a father ...

> ... past 12'30'', nice harmonizer settings. do you use downwards pitches
too?

I think this is a combined midi instrument, probably one of the Indian ones
from Swarshala that I love so much

> and what about distortion? did you get that from the gt-5? or is a
>plugin?

Guitar Rig. No more pedals. Too heavy. I'm too old :-)

> all through the guitar pickups. i don't know why, but i prefer this
> approach better than triggering samples or using a mic to feed the
> loops. more experimental. better results.

it is more direct somehow, yes

> minute 24. i've been tempted to downwrite this little wonder guitar
miniature. beautiful.

it is called "Essex Dusk" and is dedicated to a wonderful woman and to
England in general. (nuff said :-)

-Michael