Re: LOOP V (was: livelooping in antwerp)

>> is there any "loopwindowing" around minute 9, where those granny
>> arpeggios are modified later... ? is it possible michael, to do the
>> *old* edp trick with the plugin too?
>
> I'm not sure what I did but yes, I think the LoopV software can do
> what the
> EDP could do, and more (such as continuous speed control). Don't
> know if
> Matthias and Andy are still putting lots of effort into the
> development of
> this, now that Matthias is a father ...

just today, the family moved to a more appropriate flat, without my
work space.
the idea is to move to some atelier, where I can concentrate better. I
need to keep the entire code in my head to work efficiently, which was
not possible since Icaue was born.
And I found a new partner here in Brasil, Pedro, a young EE and great
guitar player, who will help me to adapt the software to a new
hardware... not that I would give up working with Andy, but to
collaborate in the same physical space has some huge advantages which
I did not enjoy since I worked with Eric on the EDP between 1992 and
1994.

so yes, I will finish this plugin! Its already doing almost everything
the EDP did, since I basically translated from the original ASM code.
Plus its nearly sample accurate now.

>> all through the guitar pickups. i don't know why, but i prefer this
>> approach better than triggering samples or using a mic to feed the
>> loops. more experimental. better results.
>
> it is more direct somehow, yes

yes, its that middle way I believe in, too: intuitive instant
expression and easy noise free amplification!