Re: Henry Kaiser Solo CD

looppool@cruzio.com wrote:

> I got up, made a too strong cup of coffee and put Henry Kaiser's new solo
> guitar
> improvisation CD on.
>
> I'm listening to the title track right now and it is just beautiful and
> awe inspiring.
> It makes me want to throw away all of my instruments and only play
> electric guitar
> for the rest of my life.
>
> Called 'where endless meets disappearing',  this long droning track is
> just beautiful:
> abstract, melodic,  fractured,  soothing.   It has it all and if any of
> you were fortunate
> to have caught Henry's exquisite solo set at the loop festival last
>year,
> it is along
> the lines of things he played to his beautiful and serene underwater
> photography
> from under the Antarctic ice caps as a professional diver.

Make sure you see Herzog's "Wild Blue Yonder" for some simply
amazing underwater photos by Henry.
Also "Encounters at the End of the World " has some Henry shots,
and shows him playing.

> I can imagine being underwater listening to this music.
>
> In the liner notes, he calls this opus,  ".....a concept album about the
> intersection of different
> personal practise and their attached intimacies."
>
> You get this concept viscerally, just listening to the playing.
>
> It just made me completely forget about my small woes and makes me want
> start
> plugging gear in and using it in new, undiscovered ways.

I had Kaiser's "It's a Wonderful Life" since my pre-loop days.
Could never figure how he did it.
...it was a digital delay with carefully set up square wave modulation,
( and if anyone wants to try a plugin that does that, please ask (Win
only) )

> That's a pretty damn good recommendation for any music, I suppose.

Well, you sold me on it :-)
...can't find a source tho' :-(

andy