Re: Nature loops

Don't know about research,
but traffic noise has plenty of lo frequency
content, and the high freqs drop off with distance.

3kHz sounds pretty high, obviously I can't tell without
knowing what your "nature sounds" consist of, but
most recordings I've made would be spoiled if there was nothing
below 3k.

I'd try the steepest possible hi pass filter and try and keep
it as low down as possible to let the nature sounds sound "natural".
200Hz might be a good place to start.
If your filter isn't so steep, then run it several times, rather
than putting the frequency up.

If you have Audition (aka Cool Edit) then that's the best
sound editor
for doing this sort of thing.
(with a spectral display so really see the problem)

andy