Re: Help with Glitch/Stutter technique Kaiser square mod

mark francombe wrote:

>     Or why not try our friend Henry Kaiser's trademark technique to use
>     square wave modulation - a square wave can be trusted to glitch up
>     just about anything is set to modulate.
>

> Really.. what did Henry modulate with square waves?

He square wave modulated the delay time on a Lexicon PCM42( i think).
He carefully set the amount of mod to give an interval change of one
octave ( possibly other intervals).
Then his sound through the delay would jump up, or down an octave.

:-) try and pay attention, this has been discussed before.
( ...and if you wanna try a vst plugin version of that effect, just ask)

andy

ps

http://www.analogartsensemble.net/2009/08/henry-kaiser-solo-guitar.html

"Wonderful Life" is edited together improvs using that technique.

and on Henry's latest cd it's still being used
http://www.analogartsensemble.net/2009/08/henry-kaiser-solo-guitar.html

I can confirm that if you paypal the guy $15, a cd is forthcoming.
(sounds good, thanx Rick for recommendation, Jeff for source)