Re: OT: Rise of Amplifier Volume in Popular Live Music Performance in the early 70's (was ECM guitarists)

Mahavishnu was the loudest concert I ever stayed for. Glenn Branca was
even louder, but not worth the ear damage (sorry, Glenn).

I always point my amp directly at me. amp positioning is one of the
coolest ways of ensuring that band members mix themselves properly,
imo.

For me, tho, I enjoy playing high-volume-type tones at low volumes. I
always have to turn up in order to drown out, er.. i mean play with,
the drummer :-)

Warren
http://www.ubetoo.com/Artist.taf?_ArtistId=6679
http://www.warrensirota.com