Re: Samples and looping

hound dog was written by lieber and stoller by substituting the word
"hound dog" for the original "m-----f-----" which is what was in the big
mama thorton original.  otherwise, the chords, melody, arrangement and
majority of the rest of the words are as she wrote it.  this is an
acknowledged part of music lore, just as pat boone made a whole career out
of re-recording tracks from "race records" of the time and releasing them
weeks after their original release to thunderous approval on the "white
charts."  to gloss over this unfortunate chapter of music history by
attempting to rewrite it is disgraceful.

time