Re: Audio D-Touch...

looks like a chinese reactable ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm_FzLya8y4

2009/9/9 Mech <mech@m3ch.net>
Okay, this could be kinda cool...

http://www.d-touch.org/audio/

"Audio d-touch is a collection of applications for real-time musical composition and performance, with very special user interfaces. The collection includes a drum machine and a sampling sequencer, both are controlled by spatially arranging physical objects on an interactive table surface. Each object represents a sound, and its position with respect to the surface is mapped to certain playback parameters...."

Watch the video.  It's kinda like a cheap, DIY set of audiocubes, or some other visual/physical interaction device.

It might be a little unwieldy, but I think it could possibly be used for Live Looping performances, given a little customization.  It would probably be excellent for vocal loopers and other performers who have their hands free.  Plus, you can probably run a parallel feed off the webcam and give your audience something visual as well.

I know the Max/MSP set will be quick to jump in and point out that this sort of thing has been available with Jitter for a while.  I know, I know.  But not all of us can program in Max (yet!) and, heck, this is free...  ;)

       --m.
--
_____
"beyond this window, night is shuddering and the earth grinds to a halt

--
Raul Bonell at Blogger: http://raulbonell.blogspot.com
Chain Tape Collective: http://www.ct-collective.com