Re: Audio D-Touch...

At 7:33 AM +0200 9/9/09, Raul Bonell wrote:
>... and there's a commercial site about here:
>
><http://www.reactable.com/contact/faq/>http://www.reactable.com/contact/faq/

The ReacTIVision and TUIO implementations look pretty cool.
Although, like Max and Jitter, they look more like programming
environments than ready-to-use tools, from what I can see.

For our purposes here, it looks like the D-Touch Sequencer has an
obvious leg-up, IMNSHO, in that the software is already set up to
Record Audio and Loop.

And it seems as if some Loop manipulation functions -- volume and
position, playback rate, start/end points, etc. -- are already
implemented as well.  With only some minor modifications you could
probably have a pretty interesting laptop Looper right out of the box
(hrm, I wonder if you could remap volume --> feedback?).

        --m.

--
_____
"beyond this window, night is shuddering and the earth grinds to a halt