Just received my Boomerang III yesterday

I just took delivery on a brand new Boomerang III yesterday. Here's my
impression:

First, this is a "pre-production" unit. That means that playing multiple
loops together is not implemented yet, except for using loop 3 as a
"Master"
loop, in which case you can slave the other 3 loops to it.

The unit arrived in absolutely perfect shape cosmetically. It looks a lot
nicer than it does in the pics on the site, and it is much smaller in size
than the Boomerang II. In fact, I was surprised how small it is, yet it is
large enough to have plenty of room around each button.

The buttons are the same that are used on the old 'Rang. I think these are
perfect for a looper because they are very flat, low-profile and they have
minumum of throw distance. All this helps in timing, IMO.

Sound quality wise, I find the fidelity to be supurb. The recorded loops
sound exactly like the original signal through my Hartke acoustic amp. The
input level is very forgiving and I have yet to see any clipping at all.
The
unit handles all that internally (no switches and no input knob). The
sound
is clean and clear even when playing 9 or 10 layers simultaneously. The
volume controls, which are mechanically detented, change the levels in
very
fine increments, not in perceptable steps. This is a real plus. I'm able
dial in the exactl levels I need for the loop playback.

Undo and redo works perfectly. There are no audible dropouts or seams
between loops. I play one song with a 2.3 second loop, and unlike many
modern loopers which have a minimum of 5 seconds or more, the Boomerang
handles those super-short loops with ease.

I'm really trying hard right now to find something to complain about in
order to make this a fair, balanced review, but I'm hard-pressed to come
up
with anything. Certainly as I use it I will think to myself, "I wish it
had
this or that feature", but let me tell you guys, right out of the box,
this
looper is an absolute monster with some real teeth.

Brian