Re: Just received my Boomerang III yesterday

Hi John,

No, there is no estimated street date. The company has made several
attempts
to meet self-imposed deadlines, all of which came and went.

Mike at BoomerangMusic is known for demanding absolute perfection from his
hardware and software, and he will simply not release the final version
until it is perfected. Don't bother asking him directly, his answer will
be
"we will release it when it's ready". They are no longer setting deadlines.

If you buy a preproduction Boomerang like I did, the agreement is that the
final software will be sent to you as a file that you will upload via a
midi
cable, and that they are under no obligation to provide it within any time
frame.

Since the Boomerang does exactly what I need already, this is a non-issue
for me.

Again, this unit sounds astoundingly good, and it is built like a tank. It
even has sloped panels to repel Rocket Propelled Grenades, in case you are
performing in unfriendly territory. The pot knobs are fairly tall though,
so
care must be taken out in the field as you can get lots of leverage on a
tall knob if you bang it against something. I may replace them with
shorter,
rounded knobs. That is a very minor thing, though. The unit as a whole
feels
amazingly solid. It's one of those things where you can just feel the
quality construction when you hold it.

Brian