Re: Chinapaintin' today

Daryl in a box! hee hee hee! that kinda makes my day.

The 2880 belongs to Jim, but someday when we're in the same place again
I'll see about feeding my tapes right into the digital box. Sure would
be fun to have individual track ins/outs, no?

You're right about feedback, I normally don't think about that because
without sound-on-sound and with individual track volumes, it doesn't
seem so important. But there was a point yesterday where it would have
been nice to have one thick track fade out gradually on its own.

Yeah, I could put FX after the looper, but it'd be second best to the
mysterious tapeness I love, the flutter and wobble that comes up when I
use the low tape speed, the saturation, etc. I think the only advantage
the 2880 has thus far (next to the two-octave continuous pitch control)
is the compactness, and adding pedals would erase that edge.

I'm intrigued though. It's very cool.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com
www.chinapaintingmusic.com