Re: Bright Light Synced to Loop Tempo

Hello Todd

Todd Quincy schrieb:
> yes, let's hear it.!
>
> Following the drummer who is following the looper is the real idea. I
> was just trying to make it more natural and less intrusive to the
>drummer.
I recommend NOT to use light as a click. There are two reasons.
* Steady flashing produces stress for your brain, while a steady sound
click is perceived as music and rhythm.
* The brain reacts much slower on light than on sound. It is much more
difficult for the drummer to play in sync with a steady flashing (if he
is able at all) than with a audio click. Simply try once dancing to the
rythm of a stroboscope, and you will know what I am talking about.

I don't know your musical circumstances, but I recommend to use a
central master MIDI clock, and distribute clock this to the various
gear, that shall be in sync. We[*] use a Roland SBX-80 for this task.
For you a simple old drummachine might be better, because the drummer
could use it as click at the same time.

Florian

[*]www.sphericlounge.de www.ambiosonics.de