Re: "art" & money, was: amanda palmer

Thanks Mech,

Yes, I agree. The larger issue of devaluation has more wide-ranging
impact than merely trying to retain your economic rights as author and
somehow find a place in the market.  It's a daunting issue and with
the hordes of lemming musicians (including me) swarming all over the
web, I believe we are seeing the demise of the "professional" musician
model.

As for spiritual, artistic, academic discourse—it should be completely
open and vibrant as Louigi states! I'm not about to say anyone should
feel certain feelings or not quote other artists.  It's just that
pesky economic model and authorship issue that keeps being dismissed.
I simply refuse to believe it's just down the drain and gone.

Devaluation . . . possibly the death of an entire era and the end of
livlihood for a great many out there.  I'll still do art and have,
with little or no compensation, my entire life.  -m

--
Miko Biffle
Biffoz@Gmail.com