Re: affordable portable usb foot-controller with pedal

MIDI Pipe's Message Converter can change any MIDI event into any
other. The part I'm not sure of without trying it out hands-on is if
you can assign external MIDI control to switch between alternative
"Pipes" in MIDI Pipe.

But you can do that in Bidule BTW. Setting up alternative MIDI
re-mappings and then switch between them by external MIDI. I have
personally use external MIDI Program Change together with the "Audio
Switcher" object to switch "presets" in Bidule. My presets were audio
effect chains, but you could just as well put a couple of MIDI
re-mapper's with appropriate settings into each preset. Then cable
external MIDI (except the PC events you are using for patch switching)
to pass through all presets; as only the active preset will let the
MIDI through into the main software. Then in the main software you
have to set the MIDI Input port to Bidules MIDI output instead of the
physical port.

When thinking about it, Bidule is so much better for this than MIDI
Pipe because Bidule is totally configurable. That means it can always
me tweaked to work with any odd gear.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se