Re: OT: Logic Zoom HELP!!!

On Dec 6, 2009, at 12:00 PM, mark francombe wrote:

PART ONE
Why the F*** does it make some kinda new "clip" (maybe this a what logic calls a region???) EVERYTIME I hit record??? Im just over dubbing man!!!!! I dont need a new clip..

I think you have to make sure cycle mode is turned on, the loop button - check under the settings icon above left for record midi should show merge for cycle otherwise you get "takes".

PART TWO
Please.. pretty please... with a cherry.. can somebody please explain what Im supposed to do about Zooooooooming in the Piano Roll? Why cant Apple just have me press Z to get the zoom tool in plus and then ZZ for the Zomm tool ín minus..  (Like in their other product Final Cut Pro) What does Z do here? oh? It zooms in on what ever is selected... usually ONE note...

I use Control -Left arrow/Right Arrow. There is a zoom tool - click on the arrow at the top right of the window for the tools, zoom is down midway.