Re: OT: New MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:54 PM, van Sinn <vansinn@post.cybercity.dk> wrote:
> Since it can be operated standalone, setups might be stored and MIDI
> controlled, i.e. as presets, but I guess that's too much to ask for..

It does not support remote midi control. It a standard 1x1 midi
interface, and the midi out can be used as a midi thru when using it
standalone. The idea of the Ultralite is that you store your settings
in one of the 16 presets using the Cuemix software. A preset contains
all the settings of the inputs, outputs, monitoring, eq, comp, reverb
limiter etc You can select one of the 16 presets when using it
standalone and you also can change above settings using the frontpanel
menu. Although this works, it's of course less user friendly.

Bottom line: prepare your setup at home with a laptop or pc. On stage:
soundcheck: change the input gain, eq, reverb.... and you're ready to
play. If this method works ok for you, the Ultralite is your friend.
If you want a live mixer with dedicated knobs for each function,
you're not going to love it when using it standalone :)
--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/