Re: What public is attracted by a Y2K Sampler Video?

It seems to ask the question who's really going to want to watch such a video is a good way to start a spiral of thinking it's pointless.  I know for me when I start thinking that way, I want to quit whatever it is that I'm questioning, that could've happened to the last 2 records of mine, I asked myself who's really going to enjoy this music, but they turned out to be worth it and folks seem to dig them.  So take heart-you'll be pleasantly surprised at some point when someone comes up and says they really like what you did, also I think it's a great promo for the fest itself! one can get the idea of the diversity of genres for one thing. a little experience I had like that was when I first started looping a few years ago, I had no videos of myself playing live, so I made one of me playing at home in my living room (I felt so lame) and stuck it up on youtube, at some poit Rick W. saw it and sent out an email helping me get some exposure, & I think it, indirectly, that little vid got me a slot at Y2K9!  Also I think there's a lot to the idea that you've just got to keep trying and forging ahead, if you're not failing sometimes, it means you're not really trying, and it also translates into investing time into internet presence as well as offline life, it just seems one has to put in as much work as possible into as many different areas as possible. I hope this is the kind of input you're looking for-I hope I''m not too rambling-

ps: Matt: I really liked the "Rigs" w/ Marielle Jakobsons -very cool!

--- On Thu, 12/10/09, Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Matt Davignon <mattdavignon@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: What public is attracted by a Y2K Sampler Video?
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Date: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 5:52 PM

It's possible someone could stumble on that video because they're
looking for videos featuring one of the artists.

But the question you ask is the big question about the validity of
YouTube and the whole web2.0 thing. I guess my answer is "You never
know". I've gotten some nice positive comments from people I don't
know who watched the "Rigs" series.

I often find myself watching odd things like people demonstrating how
to do the mashed potato, unusual animals, watching people play through
video games I'll probably never buy, equipment demonstrations, etc. I
especially like watching different people's reviews of products I may
be interested in, as well as tutorial videos.

The "Rigs" movies I'm working on were inspired by tutorials I found on
how to create hip hop beats from samples. (Btw, "Rigs" is currently on
hold until I upgrade my computer to the capability of editing video
clips.)

--
Matt Davignon
www.ribosomemusic.com